Try our organic almond butter cups filled with almond butter, maple syrup and coconut nectar. Surrounded by crust made out of dates and raw walnuts.
CRUST: 3 cups roasted almonds 1 cup raw walnuts 1/4 cup cacao nibs 6 Medjool dates, pitted, chopped, and soaked 3 tbsp maple syrup, or coconut nectar
FILLING: 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted 1/3 cup almond butter 1/3 cup agave nectar, maple syrup, or coconut nectar 1/4 cup almond milk 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE SAUCE: 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 cup maple syrup, or coconut nectar 1 cup cacao powder Blend all the ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth.
- For the crust only, in a food processor or high powered blender, combine the almonds and walnuts.
- Process the almonds and walnuts into they are in tiny pieces.
- Add the cacao nibs; pulse until they are the same size as the almond and walnut mixture
- Add the dates and maple syrup; pulse until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of 6 or 12 silicone cupcake or small pound cake molds, keeping it thin to ensure lots of room for the filling. If you would like less filling in the almond square, make the crust thicker on the cupcake or pound cake molds. Set aside.
- For the filling, in a blender, combine all the ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- Divide the filling among the molds.
- Spoon topping over the molds. Garnish with chocolate.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is firm, for about 1 hour.
Try to buy fresh, natural and organic ingredients. To me it brings life to the dish, it smells fresher, and it allows you to experience the real flavors of each ingredient used for this dessert.