Organic – Dairy free – Soy free – Egg free
Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
Make crust from scratch or buy pre-made
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. Tapioca flour (finely grounded)
- ¼ cup of almond milk – you can use coconut milk here for extra rich pie
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup – grade B*
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of ground ginger
- 3 tbsp. of earth balance butter
- ½ tsp. of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. of Palmyra jaggery – a caramel flavor bark based source of Vitamin B12 and a host of essential minerals or organic brown sugar
Fresh sweets matters
- Clean, cut into cubes and boil the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes on medium heat. You want them nice and tender.
- Let them cool and place in food processor with all of the other ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Pour batter into pie crust and smooth out with a rubber scraper.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Now this is key, refrigerate before cutting.
For a special treat, serve with vegan coconut whipped cream or vegan approved ice cream.