There are a few steps involved, so planned preparation is needed. The dough requires at least one hour to rise.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup filtered water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons yeast (read package instructions)
1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
1 tablespoon pink Himalayan salt
2 cups crushed tomatoes
1 cup clean water
3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons pink Himalayan salt
2 tablespoons dried oregano or fresh, chopped
- Sliced green or black olives
- Arugula or spinach
- Sliced red onions
- Sundried tomatoes
Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- Vegan soy- free pepper jack “cheese” (Follow your heart brand, taste delicious and melts excellent)!
- In a small cup, mix yeast, coconut palm sugar, and 1/2 cup warm filtered water. Proof for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour and pink Himalayan salt and stir.
- Add olive oil, water, and yeast-water stir with a spoon until combined. Finish kneading with your hands or use a high powered bread maker for 5 minutes or until the dough is an entirely smooth ball of dough.
- Leave in the bowl and cover with tea towels for one hour so that it rises.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients.
- Cook/ boil on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until a lot the water has evaporated.
- Taste the sauce and adjust pink salt as needed.
ROLLING & STUFFING
- Lightly dust your work surface with all-purpose flour.
- Lightly coat your hands with olive and then remove the dough from the bowl and knead the dough gently with your hands for a few minutes.
- Cut the dough into four equal pieces and set three aside.
- Lightly dust a rolling pin and begin to roll out the dough into a thin circle (thickness is internally up to you).
- Add a nice amount of tomato sauce or your choice of sauce, and spread evenly into the center of the dough.
- Now add your favorite fillings to half of the dough.
- Carefully fold over the dough until the other half connects, and pinch the ends closed, remember only to use the mixture, no water.
- Now that you have the calzone filled and secured, safely transfer the calzone to a baking sheet; The pan needs to be lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until its golden brown.
- Once cooked, evenly spread soy-free butter on the top of the calzone. Serve with a side of extra sauce or whatever sauces you prefer. If you want to add some color to your plate, serve a cold veggie salad.
- Enjoy sunshine!
This meal got two huge thumbs up by my two most prominent supporters, my children Dre and Kanye! When and if you do decide to make this meal let me know how your children rate it.